Drive with us over the bush- and grass savannah and enjoy the fresh country air from the open topped all-terrain vehicle. During the farm tour, the farmer gives you a personal insight into the daily challenges of Namibian farming under extreme conditions.
Points of interest are:
– application of farming methods for cattle, sheep and game management on 4100-hectare farmland.
– pre- and post-operative practices to counteract problems such as bush encroachment, droughts and field fires
– regulations of the market economy and risks of meat & grain production in good and bad rainy years
– discuss sustainable farming methods in order to safeguard biodiversity, e.g. predator vs. offspring
– discover giant weaver bird nests and architectural masterpieces of the termites, landmarks typical of the Kalahari
Bring along a water bottle / hat / camera / wind jacket / binoculars / sunscreen
Book in advance or at check-in
Free for children under 8 years, others pay N$300,- per person
SUMMER Mornings 10h00 – 12h00 WINTER (MAY - JULY) Mornings 10h00 – 12h00